Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Holley is Back! Insanity Day 17 (long post)

How easy it is to make excuses to not do insanity! It's been 10 days since I last did insanity, and you know what, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Some times life happens, and that's ok, as long as you don't give up, push through and keep going.

I think Steven has decided he doesn't want to do insanity any more. Honestly with the crazy amount of lifting he has been doing, I don't much blame him. He is losing weight and gaining muscle, and he is looking great! He's down 20 lbs since January. I'm down 10, which is nice, but he is definitely my motivator. So just because he isn't doing insanity doesn't mean he isn't working out. Maybe he will be back :)

So today I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, and woah buddy, I could tell that I hadn't been doing it lately. As much as i'm not beating myself up over last week, if anything is a motivation with insanity, it's being able to see your progress as you work through the videos. I knew where I should have been today, and that wasnt happening. Pure Cardio wore me OUT no lie, and Cardio Abs is a workout that frustrates me because I really dont have the core strength to do half the moves. I pushed myself hard, and I currently feel sick, so there's that.

So, to get a little more personal, here's what was going on last week, and why i got side track. Well, weekends are always hard, because I drive back to TN and I dont really have a routine there. I need to figure that out, because I only need to do insanity one of the two days i'm there. Then Monday, I stayed in TN because my mamaw was having a biopsy done to see if her cancer was back. I spent all of that day in the hospital with her, my mom, my aunt, and my papaw. I didnt get back to Anderson until midnight, so Tuesday morning workout was out. Tuesday night I was starting to feel sick, and I had class. Wednesday and Thursday I was so sick, there was no way I could do insanity, and Friday I was still recovering. Friday we found out for sure that my mamaw's cancer is back, and since then I really havent had much motivation to do... well, anything. 

But today I woke up with a new determination. There are some things in life I have no control over, but my health and my body is one of the few things I can change. So here I am, waking up at 5 am to do insanity to look fabulous for Lyndsey and Dillon's wedding next month, and for the reunion(s?) after that. I want to be proud of myself, and I want my mamaw to be proud of me. I think our health is something some of us take for granted, and in light of my mamaw's sickness and the horrible Boston Marathon tragedy yesterday, I've decided to take control of mine. Because some people dont have that choice. Some people would give anything to have the ability to wake up and do insanity, and here I am being a wuss about it, and being lazy. 

Well, NO MORE!!! 


She's back!! 46 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment