Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On the third day of INSANITY Steve sweat


Whew! So it turns out day three isn't Cardio Recovery, its Cardio Power & Resistance. It doesn’t matter what it was as long as it wasn't the Plyometric one I did yesterday. Todays was tiring but nothing like yesterday. I’m starting to get the movement of each of the repeated exercises down so there’s less time spent watching them to figure out what’s going on. So you're probably wanting know know what was hard about the Cardio Power & Resistance day. For me, anything with a push-up is tough. I just don’t have the upper body strength I should. It probably doesn’t help that I also lifted weights at the gym today but hey I'm here to get it done. There had to be 3 or 4 different varieties of push-up in today's routine. There was a moving one which involved moving around the room like a crab while doing the dreaded push-up. One where you walked your feet up and made a triangle with you back, legs, and the floor.  And the worst one yet was done like you squatted down to sit on your calves and then leaned over and tried to push yourself back up. I'm sure each of these have names but I'd much prefer to call them the crab push-up, the mountain push-up, and the overly crappy hedgehog push-up. All of which you should avoid at all cost unless you happen to be trying to lose weight or want to torture state secrets out of a spy.

Unfortunately I still don’t look forward to doing this workout DVD like I look forward to going to the gym. I love going to the gym. Its a quick hour for me there. I get what I need done and an hour has magically passed. It burns but its quick. INSANITY is so much cardio that I just feel winded most of the time. I’m sure this will get better as I go along but starting out sucks. I’m glad to have my wife doing it with me for the support and drive to continue to do it but at the same time I'm glad she typically does it somewhere other than me cause she's been doing zumba for a while and probably had more cardio in her than I do :-)

Today’s hurdles are tomorrows feats. Anything youre willing to be proud of is worth working hard for.


No comments:

Post a Comment