Thursday, March 14, 2013

INSANITY Day 5 - Steve Edition


BOOM! Day 5 is complete. Day 5 turned out to be Pure Cardio. All was normal in the beginning. The warm up is pretty much the same warm up as always. The only difference is that at the end of the warm up Shaun T. starts talking about how nervous he is about today's work out. WHAT?!?! Are you serious. Mr I-Have-More-Abs-Than-You-Have-Total-Muscle-Mass was up there on my TV telling me how he was afraid of today's workout...like 10 minutes in. I was freaking out. No kidding. I thought about just turning it off right there and then. Good lord it was terrifying. Then I got to wondering what it was that he didn't like! SO I kept watching and trying to keep up with the exercises the best I could. The Pure Cardio is just that. Pure Cardio. Suicides. Level Two Drill. Jumping Jacks. Pretty typical stuff that we've seen up to now but it was pretty rigorous. Throughout the video he was sending people to go get water or having individuals take breaks to be able to do the exercises with better form. Its a great reminder that form is very important and it helps me to pace myself enough to maintain the best form I can. I still sweat like a pig even thought I'm not moving at the speed they do. I'm cool with that.

While I performed this workout on the 14th, due to homework I'm writing it on the 15 so don't freak out. I haven't given up! I am however going to do the Plyometric Cardio Circuit tomorrow rather than today (I'm taking an extra day off). That one was the first workout I did after the fit test and it was awful! Since Holley and I started on a Sunday rather than a Monday this will get me back on track with the calendar. Kind of a lame excuse but it is what it is. I'm sure it'll happen again in the future. My big question is did Holley make it through the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? I havent seen a blog from her but she's sneaky and may have stuck to it!

This phrase comes from my dad (probably other sources as well)

Don't sweat the small stuff..... Everything is small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment