Thursday, March 14, 2013

Insanity Day 5: Holley's in Chile!

Hola from Santiago, Chile! For those of you stopping by curious about our progress, you will be happy to know that I did, in fact, complete Day 5 of INSANITY in my hotel room here in Santiago! I'm incredibly proud of myself for doing it! (And thanks to my roomie, Melissa, for graciously not making fun of me while she sat and did homework during my cardiohell.) Technically here it is an hour ahead of Knoxville time, so it's actually 12:37. But I started right before midnight Chilean time! So I think that counts. Plus I will be doing Day 6 tomorrow/later today. So there. No days missed. 

Fun fact about the photo up there, my computer is still on K-town time, so it says that the photo time stamp is "tomorrow at 12:35". Also, apparently ya'll are just going to have to deal with blurry pictures of me because i can't stop shaking immediately after the workout!

Ok so. Pure Cardio was pure sweat. Our hotel room was chilly when I started and as you can see, I was pretty sweaty when I finished. Shaun T. was not giving me any breaks for being out of the country. So I gave all I could. I'm so glad i took a 4 hour nap this afternoon or I would not have had the energy to get through the 38 minute workout. We had the routine warm up that we've done almost every day, and then jumped in to many of the cardio moves we've done over the past five days. There were not many floor moves in this workout thank goodness, but the level 2 drills and push up jacks showed their killer faces toward the end. 

As a side note, mineral water is not nearly as refreshing as still water. Apparently mineral water is quite popular down here and I got a giant 1.6 liter bottle of it. In the middle of this INSANE workout, I didnt care, but I still would rather have had my delicious still water. 

Also, I'm pretty dang proud of myself... I did 10 REAL push ups. Not like, straight, right in a row, but over the course of the workout. This is a big deal, because starting off during the fit test i think I might have been able to do 4. I can't go all the way down, but I did have the correct form, which was a huge improvement over sticking my butt in the air while trying to do it. Shaun T. says not to sacrifice form, so I tried my hardest not to. 

Well, I'm off to enjoy a good night's sleep after that workout, so I'll check back in with you sometime tomorrow after I do Day 6 - the dreaded Plyometric Cardio Circuit... YIKES! Then we can really see if I've improved over the past 4 days. 

Hasta mañana!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the push-ups! Its so exciting to get better at a move. It just make you feel like a boss.

    ReplyDelete