Monday, March 11, 2013

Insanity Day 2: Holley Style

Happy Monday Morning!!
Well, I woke up today as sore as I could possibly feel, an hour earlier than usual.Well, with DST I guess it was the same time as usual, but the clock said 5:15 instead of 6:15. I dragged myself out of bed to get dressed and went into the living room where the dvd was already queued up for me. 

Last night I spend a few minutes reading a couple different reviews of experiences with the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, so I had a small idea of what to expect. Knowing what Shaun T. asks you to do is one thing, but actually trying to do it is something else entirely. 

So, I'm not going to break it down on each of the moves at this point, but here are some of the key take-aways from this morning's session.

Day 2:
*I would recommend having some air circulating, like a window open or a fan going or something because I personally got so hot I had to take one of my breaks to open a window - I was on fire! (Notice how red my face is in the picture!!!)

*Have water handy and drink it every break you get.

*Nothing can prepare you for the insanity today. This workout is a workout like none other and when Shaun T says to push yourself, somehow you do. I read a review last night that said if you can mentally push through, you will be able to finish. That is the truth. Even the stretch time on this is intense. The "warm up" is a workout in itself. And somehow, even with the hardest of moves, I was able to at least try to do it, though my brain kept saying, "Girl there's no way you can do that." I thought "Shut up, brain!" and kept going. Seriously folks, its rough. You want to quit, you want to throw up, but you can get through it. 

*It's worth it. I've got to keep telling myself that, right? I've seen others have fantastic results. I know that because of the intensity of the program, there will be days that I don't want to go any further, but I know it works, I've seen it, and I'm going to be a success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment