Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 2 of INSANITY - Steve Edition

Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit




I feel like like I'm missing a lung. That was straight terrible. I probably shouldn't be writing a blog right after finishing....actually give me a couple minutes to recover.

(As a side note I'm going to have to cut out the flash. Those two pictures just look awful. )

That couple of minutes turned into several hours apparently. I was beat after that work out. I literally went to finished my homework and then crawled straight into bed. It wasn't funny at all last night, it just hurt. Today I can joke around even though the back of my calves are killing me. That was nuts. It just kept going and going and going and going and then the workout started. The warm up was enough to get me sweating and out of breath. There was a lot of new stuff in there which is exciting! At the same time it was also confusing because I had to basically stop to see what the next movement was and it threw off the rhythm horridly.  There was no forewarning on what the next move was going to be. All in all I think Shaun T. did his job and kicked my butt. Like hard. I managed to pull through most of the exercises for most of the time.  Hopefully. I felt like I was doing a lot of standing around at times trying to catch my breath or figure out what was next. Judging by my shirt and the sheen off the floor, I put more effort into the day 2 workout than I did on the day before. Everything was soaked. I dont think I've ever sweat as much in my life as I have in the past month. I'm afraid the hair is going to have to get cut for a more workout friendly mode. Something much much shorter. I checked my fuel points when I started and I was around 1500. By the time I finished this workout I was at 2600. It took me all day to get up to 1500 and then in that brief 45 minute (which felt more like 3 hours) workout I managed to almost double my points. That's good stuff. Whew. I'm pumped...a little more afraid...but still ready to give it another go tonight. Cardio Recovery cant be that bad can it? It's a recovery right?


There's never enough time to do the things you don't have to do unless you make the time. Be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to making time for your health.








2 comments:

  1. I like your motivational comment! Day Two was soooo hard! I'm glad you made it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Steve! I would advise a haircut as well, I usually am more pumped about working out when I have short hair so I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete